Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rule #666: Never tempt superstition

I don't like to admit it, but I am a superstitious person.

Intellectually I acknowledge the insanity of it all (after all, how exactly does my wearing the right t-shirt make the players on my team play better?).

Still, I have learned that it's best to not test it.

Case in point: The Phoenix Suns.

I like the Suns. Steve Nash is my favorite player in the NBA and he has been for the better part of the last decade. I have been so excited to see them get back to their run-and-gun style and make it back to the playoffs.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to actually watch them play.

A few years ago I noticed that nearly every time I watched the Suns play, they lost. It became more and more apparent in the playoffs.

So I stopped watching and low and behold, they started winning (I tried a similar strategy with the Clippers but with no success. They lose whether I watch or not. I don't think they can help it).

Now, this year the Suns are facing the Portland Trail Blazers in the first round. Forgetting about the curse I watched the Game 1 - they lost.

Luckily, Game 2 and 3 - both Suns blowouts - were on NBATV, a channel I don't get and therefore couldn't watch.

Then a friend of mine (guess what team he roots for) forced me to watch Game 4 - and they lost again.

Wanna know if I watched Game 5?

I don't tempt superstition.107-88.

3 comments:

  1. Thats freaking crazy ! It doesn't make much sense ...total Outer Rhombus stuff !

    Icky ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what happens when you think the universe depends on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you saying it doesn't? *gasp*

    ReplyDelete